Thursday, March 15, 2018

Scott' Soliloquy: I Had A Dream I woke up this morning feeling I needed more sleep. Fortunately, I can indulge those feelings and I lay back in bed. My Mind wandered a bit. I was thinking of today's To-Do list, the beach, Africa, the culture... Then I found myself in a big tent. I was getting ready to meet a friend for lunch. I walked out of the tent into the hot sun and headed that way to where we said we'd meet. In my way was a group of people, about two hundred. They were being herded up against a wall to my right. Everyone around me was afraid, not sure who these people were or why they were being put against the wall. Then it was obvious. They were about to be shot by the people who brought them. Everyone stood and watched anxiously as the preparations were made. My heart was heavy. I knew there was only one thing to do. I stepped forward. Took another step. Some people yelled at me. I ignored them. I stood in front of one of the men pointing a rifle... We started talking. If he was going to kill these people, I would be first. In the way of Dreams, I no longer recall our conversation. I only remember it was a long talk. Behind him, a fellow was telling him to shoot. The other five shooters were waiting to see what my shooter did. In the end, he did not shoot. Neither did the others. And I survived to share the story of my Dream ...


via Facebook http://ift.tt/2FMcnt5

No comments: