Tuesday, May 1, 2018

I recorded a Udemy course with Ricky Shetty today. The topic was fatherhood, one that is dear to Ricky, the DaddyBlogger's heart. As we shared our stories of growing up and of raising our children (Ricky has three under the age of 6 and he has taken them with him and his lovely wife all over South and Central America (and a few other places), I realized how different our upbringing was. And how similar our values are. Voted the shyest guy in Grade 12, Ricky is now a frequent speaker at conferences and when in Vancouver runs some excellent weekend events on Social Media topics. Today, he's be voted "Last Guy to Be Quiet" LOL Which showed me in the clearest possible ways, that we do change. We do not have to be stuck in patterns that bring us unhappiness and drama. Yes, it involves work. Probably is best to get expert help. And some patience. My hardest lesson was: "I don't have to work a 40 year job, like my dad, get stressed out, ground up and a golden handshake." In the quagmire of the issue that challenges us, the feelings are not usually pleasant. I believe that the effort is worth it as you become polished and start to shine. And shine you do!


via Facebook https://ift.tt/2KsTcYc

No comments: