Monday, January 29, 2018

Jack Ma, multi billionaire, gave a talk recently about competing with robots and how we need to educate our children ‘to compete’... Guess I should listen to the whole thing, but I never let that stop me from expressing my opinion. This comment appeared on a friend’s share of the video: “I don't think teaching kids is good at all. Why should we impose our beliefs and ideas on another? Why don't we ALLOW kids to study what interests them, what fascinates them, what makes their heart sing? Isn't that what we all strive to do when we are grown up and abandon 'education' ..we do what our heart calls us to do. We would have a much better society if we did that from the beginning wouldn't we?” Darwin would be proud... You only abandoned education after you learned to read and write. Children need guidance. They also have no idea of the requirements of the future, like adding and subtracting, geography, drawing, sports, interacting with other people... I am the last person to suggest our education system is ideal, but there are a lot of things children need to be taught, that they would not voluntarily learn. If we do not teach our sons and daughters our values, what values will they be taught? Here’s a clue. Look at young Disney stars when they are 10 and when they are twenty. I guarantee the majority of parents don’t want their children to turn into that. http://tz2d.me/?c=RX


via Facebook http://ift.tt/2rMPvY1

No comments: